Church ushers serve with a special extraordinary welcome by providing a warm and safe atmosphere to usher in God’s presence.
The Usher Ministry serves the people and creates an atmosphere for hospitality. Ushers are, in simple terms, “doorkeepers for the house of the Lord.” Ushers provide the friendly smiles, warm greetings and communication that demonstrate Christian love from the moment parishioners enter our narthex.
The collective tasks of the Usher Ministry include:
· Welcoming parishioners while distributing worship books and aides.
· Helping people find a seat.
· Collecting the offering.
· Guiding Eucharistic Ministers to the handicapped during Communion.
· Helping maintain a safe environment.
· Assisting parishioners in the case of an emergency.
· Distributing bulletins.
· Tidying up church before the next Mass when needed.
St. James the Apostle Parish is in need of parishioners who can provide extraordinary welcome to join our Usher Ministry. We are particularly in need for new members to become a part of our Welcoming Team at the 9:00 a.m. Mass on Sunday morning and the 4:00 p.m. Mass on Saturday afternoon.
Adult women and men are needed. If you are a parent with a grade school aged child whom you don’t want to leave alone in the pew during Mass, consider some of our current ushers whose children shadow them while they serve.
Those who reliably provide extraordinary welcome:
· Understand the vital role of the usher ministry.
· Enjoy and care about people.
· Possess a servant heart.
If this describes you, we want you to join our team! To sign up for our upcoming training session on Saturday, October 19th at 12 Noon, visit https://form.jotform.com/92593611824158 —OR—contact Lisa Gilligan: firstname.lastname@example.org; 630.469.7540, ext. 205