Dear Parish Family,
With the state of Illinois lifting the mask mandate for indoor public spaces on February 28, the Diocese of Joliet will revise its protocols and lift restrictions.
The following guidelines will be implemented at St. James the Apostle for all church and office activities beginning on Monday, February 28th. Please note schools and religious education continue to follow their own requirements.
1) Masks are recommended, but not required.
2) We will continue to offer seating in the church for those who wish to continue the practice of additional precautions such as social distancing or mask-wearing.
We kindly ask that all those who choose to sit in these special sections continue wearing masks out of respect and care for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are immunocompromised.
3) Communion shall still be provided only via the host and Communion will only be distributed in the hand at this time.
4) Restrictions are removed from musicians.
5) Congregation may make whatever Sign of Peace they are comfortable with.
6) For now Dispensation still remains in place.
Above all, we ask that you please be respectful of the decisions made in good conscience by our brothers and sisters in Christ.
The Diocese will continue to monitor COVID-19 positivity rates. Earlier restrictions may have to be reinstated in the future. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Thank you for your continued prayers for the health and safety of all our brothers and sisters in our human family.