St. James the Apostle is in need of a Volunteer Support Coordinator for the DuPage PADS program for the 2019/20 season. St. James hosts at the First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn on the 2nd Thursday evenings/Friday mornings from September through May. The Support Coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting new volunteers and compiling the food and shift schedules. St. James has supported DuPage PADS for more than 20 years and we want to continue this important outreach!
We are also in need of several volunteers to cover shifts and provide monthly meals. This is a great way to help and is only a once-a-month commitment.
If you are willing and able to help in any area listed below, please contact us as soon as possible.
· 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. —need three or four people
· 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. shift— need three or four people.
· 6 a.m. to 7 a.m —We could use at least two more people to help with the clean up & tear-down. Some of this is heavy work.
· Need one or two people to return linens to Central DuPage Hospital on Friday morning.
Provide monthly meals:
· We are in need of additional individuals to provide monthly meals. If you are not able to make a monthly commitment but would like to be added to our list of subs, please send us your name, phone # and email address. Your help just a couple of months out of the year can make a huge difference!
If you are interested, please contact Josie Mattern, DuPage PADS Volunteer Coordinator at 630.682.3846, ext. 3500.