Please Help Restock the Food Pantry this Month
The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry extends many thanks for the strong support received from the members of St. James. The food and monetary donations received from St. James and other caring community members enabled the pantry to serve approximately 33,000 people last year.
Now, it is almost time to hit the Back-To-School Restart Button. The shelves of the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry need to be restocked. The summer food donations were lean leaving the shelves looking bare. Of the 33,000 people served last year, 14,000 were children. When shopping, have your children pick out some of their favorites foods to share with children who are in need. Donations of non-perishables may be left in the Coat Room at St. James.
Other Glen Ellyn Food Pantry Facts:
• Over 4,000 seniors were served last year.
• The food value distributed during 2018 was estimated to be $1,949,111.
• Baking goods are in high demand now and through the end of the year.
• Kitchen essentials, such as dish soap, trash bags, baggies, foil, flour,
• Sugar, and paper towels help hungry neighbors make ends meet.
The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry staff and board members are grateful for the ongoing support received from St. James.